After hours service pickups- after hours pickup service is not available at this location. Staff will be on site to meet customers for a pre booked reservation where a flight number is provided in the case the flight is delayed.
After hours service drops- park in the designated parking bay and place the keys in the after hours drop box at the Redspot counter in the terminal. There is a key drop box located at the counter. Serviced by Redspot.
Minimum driver age of 21 years old. There is no maximum age, however under 25 years old will only be able to reduce their damage liability to 330.00 AUD.
A young driver surcharge of 15.00 AUD per day (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee) applies to all Drivers aged between 21-24 years old.
Drivers aged between 21-24 are restricted to vehicles Mini, Economy, Compact, Compact SUV, Compact Commercial Van, Intermediate, Intermediate pickup and Standard only.
All drivers must have held their license for a minimum of one year.
If any driver is on a probationary license there is an additional Probationary License Fee of 20.00 AUD per day (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee).
For classes Luxury, Premium SUV, Special SUV, Premium Special and Luxury SUV there is a minimum driver’s age of 30 years old. Local Renters must provide two current forms of ID both confirming home address i.e. Phone bill and Rates bill, documents must have been issued within the last 2 months. A full license is required to drive any of the prestige fleet.
The Renter must not use the Vehicle outside the Permitted Area of Use. If the renter takes the Vehicle outside the Permitted Area of Use their Liability for any loss or damage will increase and any optional damage waiver selected void.
For Vehicles rented in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, the permitted area of use does not include Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
Vehicles may not be driven above the snow line from June to October, on beaches, in watercourses or rivers.
Permitted Area of Use means the area in which the Vehicle may be driven. The Permitted Area of Use is limited as follows
1. For those Vehicles-hired outside the Northern Territory and Western Australia, the Permitted Area of Use does not include the Northern Territory or Western Australia.
2. For those Vehicles hired from the Northern Territory, the Permitted Area of use does not include any other States or Territories of Australia.
3. For those Vehicles hired in the Northern Territory, the Permitted Area of use does not include driving on the road to Jim Gorge and Twin Falls or north of the Oodnadatta Track including the following areas- Mount Dare, Dalhousie Springs, Witjira National Park and Pedirka Desert.
4. For those Vehicles hired from Western Australia, the Permitted Area of Use does not include any other states or Territories of Australia and does not include any place further north or East than Exmouth or further east than Kalgoorlie-Boulder Township or Esperance.
5. The Permitted Area of Use in Queensland does not include any place further north than Cooktown or in a westerly direction beyond Chillagoe and Georgetown. The Permitted Area of Use does not include the Bloomfield Track coastal route between Cape Tribulation and Cooktown or Fraser Island and Stradbroke Island.
6. The Permitted Area of Use in South Australia does not include any place further north than Wilpena or in a westerly direction beyond Ceduna.
All vehicles rented come with a standard cover as below:
Compact Special, Compact Commercial Van, Intermediate-Midsize Commercial Van, Intermediate-Midsize Pickup, Full-size Pickup, Full-size Elite, Full-size SUV, Full-size Commercial Van, Premium, Premium SUV, Premium Special, Premium Van, Special SUV, Luxury, Luxury SUV, Special Passenger Van 2,750.00 AUD.
Your Loss or Damage Liability (“LDL”) is the amount payable by you in the event of loss or damage to the Vehicle even if you are not at fault. Your liability includes damage to the vehicle, damage to other vehicles, a Claims Administration Fee, loss of use, towing and more. For a small daily fee you can reduce your damage liability.
With the purchase of CDW Collision Damage Waiver you will only be liable up to the nominated liability for the cost of repair to your vehicle or any third parties’ vehicle or property.
Mini, Economy, Compact, Compact SUV, Intermediate-Midsize, Intermediate-Midsize SUV, Standard, Standard SUV, Full-size, 20.00 AUD (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee) per day reduces your damage liability to 600.00 AUD
Intermediate-Midsize Pickup, Full-size Pickup 30.00 AUD (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee) per day reduces your damage liability to 600.00 AUD
Compact Special, Compact Commercial Van, Intermediate-Midsize Commercial Van, Full-size Elite, Full-size SUV, Full-size Commercial Van, Premium, Premium SUV, Premium Special, Premium Van, Special SUV, Luxury, Luxury SUV, Special Passenger Van 30.00 AUD (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee) per day reduces your damage liability to 900.00 AUD.
If another person has caused the damage; National will attempt to recover all costs from that person or his/her insurer. The amount paid by you towards damage liability will be refunded to you to the extent National is successful in recovering all costs.
Where the Vehicle is hired from a remote Location and driven between sunset and sunrise outside a city province, and loss or damage is the result of a single vehicle accident the renter will be liable for all losses incurred.
Vehicles are supplied full and must be returned the same or a refueling fee will be charged (determined by the location).
Customers must present a full valid driving licence which has been held for a minimum of 12 months. Driving license can be from any country. If the license is not in English, an international drivers license must be presented along with drivers license from country of origin. Self drive service only.
A valid credit card or Visa or MasterCard debit card must be provided for all rentals. The credit card holder is listed as the hirer and must be present at the time of rental commencement. NO CASH is accepted for any payments or bond. Charges for options and coverage are to be settled at the commencement of the rental.
A credit card fee applies as follows and is applicable to all rental charges (excluding the deposit bond) including any optional items purchased and damage liability charges. There is no refund of credit card surcharges:
Union Pay Cards:
Union Pay Cards are accepted if they have the Visa and MasterCard Union Pay logo present on the card.
All credit cards - 0.00 percent
The credit card deposit (by way of pre-authorisation) is 200.00 AUD.
If collecting from an airport the renter must satisfy at least one of the below requirements or the bond will be 1,000.00 AUD.
1. Is renting from an airport but not flying in, i.e. does not have a boarding pass
2. Lives locally; within the greater metropolitan area of the city in which the airport is located
3. Is a first time renter with National (in either Australia and New Zealand)
4. Is not a Corporate Renter
Security Bonds - Prestige Fleet
For classes Compact Special, Fullsize Elite, Premium, Luxury, Premium SUV, Special SUV, Premium Special and Luxury SUV the credit card deposit (by way of pre-authorisation) is 1,000.00 AUD.
This is the roadside assistance service that kicks in where standard breakdown service ends. Premium Roadside Assistance covers those times when you just need a helping hand to get on your way, like fitting a spare tire or opening a car with the keys locked in.
Services offered in the Premium Roadside Assistance program include:
• Change a flat tire (install vehicle’s spare tire)
• Lockout service if you are locked out of your car
• Fuel delivery - up to 15 liters at no charge if you run out of fuel
• Jump starting your car if the battery is run flat (lights left on)
• 150.00 AUD of accommodation or transport costs (reimbursement of expenses as a result of rental car breakdown)
Premium Roadside Assistance is there to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For a daily fee of 5.00 AUD (excludes GST, PLF and Admin Fee) for all car groups; customers save on all of the above and receive total peace of mind.
Please Note: Premium Roadside Assistance will coordinate provider services for you. You will need to be present with the vehicle for Premium Roadside Assistance services to be provided. The relevant phone number to contact can be found on the rental agreement wallet which you will receive when collecting your vehicle.
We accept current Australian, International and overseas licences. Overseas licences that are not easily identifiable as a drivers licence must be accompanied by an International Licence or English translation. Valid drivers licence must be held for a minimum of 12 months.
In Australia as long as the rental vehicle is registered; the Green Slip (CTP - Compulsory Third Party Insurance) covers all injuries including death caused to other road users such as drivers, passengers of other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, motor cyclists and pillion passengers if you are at fault in a motor vehicle accident. CTP does not cover damage to property or other vehicles. The CTP provides unlimited indemnity to the insured party and ensures those who are injured have access to funds for services including all reasonable medical costs, treatment and rehabilitation. There is no fixed coverage limit per policy.